Finance Manager and Chief of Staff
he Finance Manager & Chief of Staff role at APiJET reports to the CEO and is central to the company’s financial, business, and executive activities. This leader is responsible for all financial reporting, financial support to functional business areas, strategy planning, and Board level reporting of the business and finance activities of the company. In this role, they will engage with the company’s leadership team, Board and Private Equity backers.
Indigo Partners, a long-time investor in commercial aviation, is a majority partner in APiJET. Led by Bill Franke, Indigo operates Frontier Airlines in the US, Wizz Air in Europe, Volaris in Mexico, and JetSmart in Chile. Indigo is well respected for its innovative approach to the ULCC market. APiJET is a technology company providing innovative, real-time analytics across front-line operations at airlines. The company marries on-aircraft analytics and applications (IoT) with ground-based SaaS analytics and applications. By fusing these together and running analytics across the system in real time, we help airlines increase efficiency and cost avoidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develops and leads the internal and external financial team members & processes to build a finance operation.
Prepares the annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly financial and operational reports.
Performs financial analyses on budgets, forecasting, cash flows, operating results, and business plans.
Oversees monthly and quarterly close activity for all revenue & AR related account reconciliations.
Drives the annual budgeting process across the organization and with the Board.
Oversees implementation of financial controls & audits interacting with Board Audit committee and company accountants.
Company Business Operations
Drives financial accountability within the organization through education, tools, and process that will allow management to understand the impacts of their decisions.
Drives financial based decision making across the organization while supporting the development, operations, and sales teams.
Provides modeling and analysis of pricing, critical vendor contracts and customer contracts.
Ensures client billing protocols and invoice formats are correctly implemented.
- Models financial plans of products and services with development team to arrive at feature/benefit selection.
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
Prepares bi-weekly and monthly business summaries and material for quarterly Board meetings including pre-read and Board books.
Drives Board material reviews with management and Board.
Presents company financials and business metrics at quarterly Board meetings.
Drives business requirements with Audit committee and accountants.
BA/BS in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
MBA required; CPA preferred
5 -7 years of finance and accounting experience required
Proven ability to work with accounting to interpret and apply accounting guidance
Proven strong project management, analytical, and process skills
Ability to solve problems, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
Exceptional attention to detail
High level of proficiency with Excel, including pivot tables
Aviation Systems Engineer
APiJET is a growing company developing innovative data solutions for the aviation industry. We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our Systems Engineering team. If you are results oriented, creative and relish the idea of working with a small team in a fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you. You will leverage your systems engineering discipline and skills with multiple aspects of APiJET’s solutions.
A career at APiJET combines the excitement of a start-up, the innovation of the aviation industry, and the growth opportunities for your career. APiJET’s salaries and benefit packages are very competitive and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a small, experienced network of passionate individuals on a mission to change the aviation industry.
- Assist Quality Assurance Team in developing, documenting, and executing realistic tests and scenarios to model functional components and detect potential anomalies
- Automate test scenarios that integrate aerospace computing equipment with network, power, and avionics data emulation
- Assist Systems Engineering Team with authoring and management of technical requirements
- Create reporting tools for tracking performance metrics.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and 1+years internships OR Bachelor’s degrees with 1-3 year industry experience
- Ability to work in both collaborative and independent environments
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Desire to explore and learn new technologies and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a small, fast-moving team
- Familiarity with modern programming languages (e.g. Python) and techniques
- Experience automating tasks with Python
- Basic familiarity with computer networking
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process and related tools such as Confluence, Jira, and git
- Experience manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing data (Python, R, MATLAB, and/or SQL)
Automation Test Engineer
Automation Test Engineer is responsible for developing and executing the process and solutions used to ensure the stability, performance, and precise functionality of products and services developed for APiJET customers.
Practice areas include:
- Test tooling design and implementation – Test tooling development is a collaborative effort between the Quality Assurance and Development teams, based on skillset. However, QA is responsible for providing requirements to ensure the tools can be integrated into testing processes successfully.
- Oversight of test process, planning, and execution – Quality Assurance will collaborate with Program Management and other specialty knowledge teams to define the scope and duration of testing for any deliverables out of a given Plan of Record.
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance Lead to design and implement testing automation to accomplish the goals of a given test plan
- Drafting detailed test cases against the acceptance criteria of a project, and test plan goals as provided by the Quality Assurance Lead
- Documenting and articulating the methods used and progress made on a given
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in QA Automation Test Engineering or similar
- Familiarity with testing methodologies for Software as a Service architectures, such as: integration testing best practices, unit testing, contract testing, white and black box testing approaches, A/B test methods, acceptance testing, and mobile application testing solutions
- Basic experience with automating test processes through solutions like: Pytest, Postman, Selenium, Pact.IO, ServerSpec
- Experience with QA services and test management solutions like: Testrail, Postman, Browserstack
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.