Aviation Systems Engineer
APiJET is a growing company developing innovative data solutions for the aviation industry. We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our Systems Engineering team. If you are results oriented, creative and relish the idea of working with a small team in a fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you. You will leverage your systems engineering discipline and skills with multiple aspects of APiJET’s solutions.
A career at APiJET combines the excitement of a start-up, the innovation of the aviation industry, and the growth opportunities for your career. APiJET’s salaries and benefit packages are very competitive and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a small, experienced network of passionate individuals on a mission to change the aviation industry.
- Assist Quality Assurance Team in developing, documenting, and executing realistic tests and scenarios to model functional components and detect potential anomalies
- Automate test scenarios that integrate aerospace computing equipment with network, power, and avionics data emulation
- Assist Systems Engineering Team with authoring and management of technical requirements
- Create reporting tools for tracking performance metrics.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and 1+years internships OR Bachelor’s degrees with 1-3 year industry experience
- Ability to work in both collaborative and independent environments
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Desire to explore and learn new technologies and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills • Must be detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a small, fast-moving team
- Familiarity with modern programming languages (e.g. Python) and techniques
- Experience automating tasks with Python
- Basic familiarity with computer networking
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process and related tools such as Confluence, Jira, and git
- Experience manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing data (Python, R, MATLAB, and/or SQL)