As a Database Programmer at APiJET you will collaborate in the creation and maintenance of our data models to help enable implementation of our business architecture, maintain data structure design documentation, and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
Database Programmer is a strategic role in APiJET’s engineering group. This role is responsible for maintaining the continued efficiency of APiJET’s airborne and terrestrial data management functions and solutions. Data management is a crucial element of APiJET’s overall solution and, as such, we are looking for candidates with substantial expertise in the discipline. The right candidates will think critically about APiJET’s distributed and localized data management needs, work iteratively to implement a strong, documented architecture, apply an experienced perspective to the analysis of proposed solutions, and help in the design of critical, long-term architectural decisions. The Database Programmer will also be responsible for establishing and managing the set of standards for data management tools, technologies, and patterns, and will oversee implementation of database capabilities throughout APiJET.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Principal data model management, responsible for maintaining the architecture and design of APiJET’s airborne and terrestrial data management functions, plus operate as a critical member in APiJET’s data modeling and database technology implémentation
- Clearly and effectively document data architecture and design, lead review sessions, and communicate design to engineering and product teams.
- Assist engineering teams in developing realistic tests and scenarios, implementing various functional components, collaborate on data architecture designs, and detect potential faults and incompatibilities.
- Apply a consultative mindset and strong communication skills to work directly with engineering and product teams, assisting in requirements gathering.
- Adopt new technologies and patterns to effectively guide both non-relational and relational data solutions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and Scripting
- Experience with relational model databases, familiarity with PostgreSQL preferred.
- Familiarity with alternative database models such as NoSQL, Graph, Time Series preferred.
- Solid understanding of system development and management life cycle, including requirements, design and test techniques. An ability to conceptualize and influence application and interface projects toward a successful outcome.
- Depth in data modeling and database design from conceptualization to database optimization, extending to schema development and database administration.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale, distributed database solutions.
- Expert knowledge of relational and non-relational data management methods, including extensive data modeling experience.
- Experience working in Agile software teams, familiarity with SaaS microservice design and development preferred.
- Strong understanding of traditional and emerging patterns in data analytics and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, explain, and document architectural design decisions.
- Superb written and verbal communications ability.
- Respect for formal requirements-management processes.
- Proficient with tools, systems, processes, and procedures relevant to the discipline.
- BS or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Desire to work on a small, fast-moving team.
Industry professionals are invited to contact us at any time. APiJET welcomes inquires relating to partnerships, affiliates, technical information, and service requests. Please be in touch regarding specific needs or applications you may require.
1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1200 Seattle, WA 98101